Consultant, Urology, GNRC Medical, Barasat
- MBBS in 2009
- M.S(General Surgery) in 2013
- M.Ch.Urology in 2017
1. Internship at Calcutta National Medical college- March 2009 to Feb 2010.
2. Resident in the Department of Surgery, Medical College Kolkata Aug-2010 to July 2013.
3. Senior Resident in Department of Urology Apollo Gleneagles Hospital Kolkata Aug 2013 to Jan 2014- performed and assisted in TURP, TURBT, URS, PCNL, urethroplasty, nephrectomy. Assisted in robotic and laparoscopic radical nephrectomy, robotic radical cystectomy, robotic radical prostatectomy, laparoscopic ureterolithotomy, laparoscopic pyeloplasty. Also assisted in over 70 renal transplant surgeries.
4. Resident M.Ch. Urology in Department of Urology S.P. Medical college Aug 2014 to Jul 2017 and Post M.Ch Senior Resident Aug 2017 till present – performed and assisted in over 400 PCNL, 100 TURP, 100 TURBT, 80 pyeloplasty, 100 nephrectomies, 50 ureterolithotomy, 90 open prostatectomy, 90 urethroplasty, radical cystectomy with ileal conduit, radical prostatectomy, hypospadias surgery. Have made over 40 AV fistula in CKD patients.
5. Trained in Reconstructive Urology at University Medical Centre (UKE), Eppendorf, Hamburg Germany with Prof. Dr. Margit Fisch and Dr. Ronald Dahlem in July 2018 — observed and assisted in over 35 urethroplasties, 30 artificial urinary Sphincter (AMS800), 25 corporoplasties, 10 female sex reassignment surgeries, 10 Hypospadias repair, 5 mentoplasties, 5 radical cystectomies with ileal conduit, 2radical cystectomies with cutaneous ureterostomy.
6. Martini-Klinik at University Medical Centre (UKE), Eppendorf, Hamburg Germany with Prof. Marcus GraefenJuly 2018 — Observed and assisted over 30 cases of radical prostatectomy (open and robot-assisted), 20 Image-guided prostate biopsy.
Milestones & Professional Memberships:
Procedures Performed / Assisted
TURP 80 60 TURBT 90 60 URS 70 40 PCNL 70 400 Cystolitholapexy 40 10 Ureterolithotomy 30 30 Nephrectomy 40 90 Pyeloplasty 30 60 Open prostatectomy 30 60 Urethroplasty 45 70 AV fistula for CKD 40 30 Renal Transplant – 70 Hypospadias 5 50 Vesico vaginal fistula repair 5 30 Artificial Urinary Sphincter AMS800 – 30 Corporoplasty 2 25 Radical cystectomy with ileal – 15 conduit/ cutaneous ureterostomy.
PRESENTATION IN ZONAL AND NATIONAL LEVEL CONGRESSES/CONFERENCES
1. Paper presented at USICON 2017 “Two-stage urethroplasties: Our experience in the management of complex anterior urethral strictures” at Mumbai 18-21 Jan 2017.
2. Paper presented at USICON 2017 “PCNL in Staghorn Calculi: Our experience” at Mumbai 18-21 Jan 2017.
3. Poster at NZUSICON 2016 ” Bilateral angiomyolipoma with Left sided spontaneous rupture of tumor” at Agra 13-15 Nov 2016. (won best presentation for the session)
4. Poster presented at USICON 2016 “Large solitary urethral calculus in female” at Hyderabad.
5. Poster presented at NZUSICON 2015 “Non-ischemic High flow priapism in a 10-year-old boy” at Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir.
6. Poster presented at USICON 2015 “Prostatic urethral Diverticula and ité varied presentations” at Ranchi, Jharkhand.
7. Poster presented at USICON 2015 “Giant Vesical calculus” at Ranchi, Jharkhand.
8. Poster presented at ASICON 2012 “ Urethral Duplication- a rare anomaly” at Kolkata, West Bengal.
9. Paper presented at ASICON 2012 “Study of Diagnostic Value of CA 19-9 serum levels in patients with obstructive jaundice” at Kolkata, West Bengal.
10. Presented at AS! Monthly Meeting, West Bengal Chapter Feb 2012 “SpontaneusBilio-enteric fistula following Bile Duct injury in a case of open cholecystectomy” at Medical College Kolkata.
11. Poster presented at ASICON 2011 “An Unusual Cyst in Pandora Box” at Kochi, Kerela.
12. Paper presented at ASICON 2011 “A Comparative Study of Two Port versus Three Port Technique of Laparoscopic Appendicectomy” at Kochi, Kerela.
13. Poster presented “Mason on Surgical Mission” at Centenary celebration of the Prince of Wales Hospital (David Hare Block) Medical College Kolkata.
“Conventional Laparoscopic Appendicectomy and Laparoscope-Assisted Appendicectomy: a Comparative Study”
SCIENTIFIC PAPER IN NATIONAL/ INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL
1. North American Journal of Medical Sciences March 2013 – “Pyogenic renal abscess masquerading as malignancy”
Baid M, De U, Kar M. Pyogenic renal abscess masquerading as malignancy. North Am J Med Sci [serial online]2013 [cited 2013 Apr 20];5:240-1. [PUBMED]
2. Indian Journal Of Surgery January 2013 – “Conventional Laparoscopic Appendicectomy and Laparoscope-Assisted Appendicectomy: a Comparative Study”
Baid- M, Kar M, De U, Mukhopadhyay M. Conventional Laparoscopic Appendicectomy and Laparoscope-Assisted Appendicectomy: a Comparative Study. Indian J Surg. [serial online] Jan 2013. [PUBMED]
3. Nigerian Journal of Surgery November 2012 – “Primary peritoneal Hydatidosis in a 76 years old farmer: an unusual form of a common disease.”
Baid M, Kar M, Chajera S, Mukhopadhyay M. Primary peritoneal Hydatidosis in a 76 years old farmer ‘an unusual form of a common disease. Niger J Surg. [serial online] 2012 [cited2013 Apr 20];18:100- 1. [PUBMED]
4, International Journal of Case Reports and Images August 2013 – “Giant chylous cyst of liver: case report”
Baid M, Kar M, Roy S, Roy SD. Giant chylous cyst of liver: case report. International Journal of Case Reports and Images 2013;4(8):444—47.
5. El Mednifico Journal April 2014- “Bilateral mucoepidermoid carcinoma of parotid.”
Baid M, Chaturvedi V, & Jha J. Bilateral mucoepidermoid carcinoma of parotid. El Mednifico Journal.2014; 2(2): 131-33
6.Reviews in Urology 2014 – “Urethral Duplication in a 15 years old boy “: Case report with review of literature
Baid M, Dutta A. Urethral Duplication in a 15-Year-Old: Case Report With Review of the Literature. Rev Urol. 2014; 16(3): 149-51. [PUBMED]
7. Case Reports in Urology 2016 – “Posttransurethral Resection of Prostate Recurrent Life-Threatening Hematuria: A Rare Cause”
Arya M, Kumar L, Mitta! R, Kumar R, Baid M. Posttransurethral Resection of Prostate Recurrent Life-Threatening Hematuria: A Rare Cause. Case Reports in Urology. 2016;2016:5895016. doi:10.1155/2016/5895016. [PUBMED]
8. Integrated Journal of Nephrology and Andrology 2016 – “Bilateral SubconjunctivalHemorrhage: A New Presentation of Stricture Urethra.”
Arya MC, Baid M, Mittal R, Kumar R. Bilateral SubconjunctivalHemorrhage: A New Presentation of Stricture Urethra. J IntegrNephrolAndrol 2016;3:96-7.
9. Integrated Journal of Nephrology and Andrology 2016 – “A Giant Ileal Conduit Calculus after Radical Cystectomy.”
Arya MC, Kumar R, Baid M, Kumar L. A Giant Ileal Conduit Calculus after Radical Cystectomy. J IntegrNephrolAndrol 2016;3:98-9.
10. International Journal of Science and Applied Research 2016 – ” Large urethral calculi in female.”
Arya MC, Kumar L, Kumar R, Baid M, Tiwari R. Int J of Science and Applied Research 2016:3(4):1-4
11. BAOJ Journal of Urology and Nephrology 2017 – ” Long Segment Congenital Anterior Urethral Stricture: Managed by OnlayPrepucialUrethroplasty.” MC Arya, Dr. Lalit Kumar, Mayank Baid, Rajeev Kumar, Amit Sandhu and Rahul Tiwari (2017) Long Segment Congenital Anterior Urethral Stricture: Managed by OnlayPrepucialUrethroplasty. BAO) UrolNephrol 2: 007
12. Urological Science 2018 – “Transcaval ureter: a rare embryological anomaly of inferior vena cava causing obstructive uropathy”
MC Arya, MayankBaid, Rahul Tiwari, Vivek Vasudeo, Abhiutthan Singh (accepted for publication)
13. Tzu Chi Medical Journal 2018 – “ Comparision of intramuscular methylergometrine, rectal misoprostol, and low-dose intravenous oxytocin in active management of the third stage of labor.”
Ruchi Jain, Sudesh Aggarwal, Kamala Verma, Aastha Jain, MayankBaid (accepted for publication)
LIST OF UROLOGY CONFERENCE AND WORKSHOPS ATTENDED
1. URO-MET (R) at Delhi 14-16 April 2017.
2. USICON 2017 18th to 21st January 2017 at Mumbai, Maharastra.
3. Robotic Surgeon Council Meet at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai, Nov 2016.
4.NZUSICON 2016 13th to 15th October 2016 at Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
5. USICON 2016 7th to 10th January 2016 at Hyderabad, Andra Pradesh.
6. NZUSICON 2015 17th to 19th September 2015 at Srinagar, Jammu Kashmir.
7. IUSICON 2015 5th to 8th February 2015 at Ranchi, Jharkhand.
8. BUS-STONECON 2012 Live workshop on PCNL and RIRS at Fortis Hospital, Anandpur on 29 July 2012.